Saturday, April 25, 2009

We All Go Through...

I think that we all go through what Holden is going through. We all want to grow up so fast and then when we get their we are like "I want to go back"...Holden doesnt want people telling him want to do in life, or to do better in school but yet he does. Holden is one of does people that act like they dont care but they really do care, he cares about what he does, and what kind of grades he has, he just wants to seem like he doesnt care so that he can seem older. I am not sure were he got the idea that adults dont care about what they do or act like, cause he is wrong. Adult care as much as teens do, they care about their looks, the way they talk, and about the things they do. Holden keeps calling other people "phonies" but really he is the biggest one of them all...

I understand were he is coming from: I hate it when people tell me what to do over and over, or when they ask me if I get something, after I say "yes" 1,000 times. When people do that to me, I then end up not doing what they told me to do or I mess it up because I get mad and I dont care. I think Holden is the same way, he would like to do better but people keep telling him he needs to do better that he then doesnt do better. I also think that Holden is one of does kids that no one believes in, and then people tell him that he wont get anywere in life; so then he dont try.

-Dzeneta Jusufovic

3 comments:

  1. i agree that Holden is trying to grow up to fast and that he doesnt want to go back. because in chapter 13 when the prostitute comes he doesnt want to have sex with her and tells her that he will pay her and makes her leave. I think that once he is in a position where he can choose to go with it and grow up...he backs out because he knows that he isnt ready. Same with not caring - until someone else cares about the same thing, he just forgets it and wants nothing to do with it. Holden is always trying to go against what other people want. hopefully we will see his progress when it comes to these decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holden definitely needs to think things through before he does them! Many teenagers don't get the fact that thinking about something first and then saying it or doing it, is the right thing to do. Teens are wanting to grow up too fast and just need to slow down and think! Key word in this, "think."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything here i agree with and i know that i also act the same. But mostly all teenagers do right??? YES! no doubt about that. We all want to be older and be mature and we "think" we are but we are trying to be so mature that we are being immature! No one realizes that they are doing that... Much like Holden...!

    ReplyDelete